My Travel Makeup Bag



As I've done a fair bit of travelling this summer, my travel makeup bag has pretty much remained unpacked so I thought I'd share what I take with me.  Although it tends to vary depending on where I'm going and what I'm planning on doing this, this is generally the products I take although this is specifically from my recent trip to London (Which you can read about here!)



Base/ Face


L'oreal Infallible 24H Matte foundatiom
This is currently my favourite foundation so it was essential for my travel makeup bag.  My T-zone area tends to get quite oily but this foundation stays on and didn't go oily.  It also doesn't clog my skin and can be used with or without a setting powder as it's already matte. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
This products gives an excellent finish and stays matte all day.  It keeps foundation in place for hours and for the price I feel as though it's a must have product.

Collection Lasting Perfection concealer
This concealer is perfect for covering any blemishes and also works perfectly under the eyes which is what I tend to use it for.  It stays on for ages and doesn't crease if set with a powder.

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm concealer
I use this concealer for blemishes and for my lips before putting lip product on.  It has a creamy formula and blends easily but it's not very high coverage which sometimes is preferable.

Hema Satin Blush
I love the colour of this blush and it's also very pigmented meaning a little goes a long way but it is also very buildable so you can achieve the colour you want.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer
This bronzer is perfect for contouring as it is perfectly matte.  I have very pale skin so usually bronzers look quite orange on me but this one doesn't which is perfect.  

Eyes


When travelling I tend to just take a palette with me for eyes as its much easier than taking multiple individual products.

Makeup Obsession eyeshadow
I love this colour in my crease when I want a bit of a bolder look but not to intense, especially with pink colours on the lid with it.  The colour is stunning and will be perfect going into autumn and winter and they are so well pigmented; for the price you really cant go wrong!

Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara
I love this mascara because it makes my lashes look really black, makes them look really long and gives them a lift.  It can also be layered without going clumpy which is always a plus with mascara. It lasts all day but comes off easily at the end of the day with no scrubbing needed.

Maybelline 24H colour tattoo
This colour is perfect for a day or night look by itself or paired with another similar colour (such as the one above).  It's very pigmented and creamy and it also lasts literally all day; it can sometimes be a nightmare to get off but not impossible. 

Makeup Revolution HD Pro Eyes and Brows Pallette
As I said before, I like taking one palette with me and creating different looks using that one palette. This is one of my favourite palettes and it contains the perfect balance of mattes and shimmers as well as pinks, browns, whites and creams which means so many looks can be created with this.  I also use this for my brows making it even more versatile.

Lips


So I know this might be an excessive amount of lip products for a 4 day trip but I feel as though lip products can create a completely different makeup look when they are switched up, I also had new products I wanted to try.   

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipstick (Fire Starter and Rose & Shine)
These are 2 of the products I bought with me to try out and I fell in love with them instantly.  They are so easy to apply and stay put all day with very minimal touch ups.  Rose & Shine is perfect for day to day looks whilst Fire Starter is perfect for night out although they can both be used for both.

Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolour
This is a very balmy lip colour but is still vert pigmented and build able; it stays on for ages and is very moisturising on the lips.  The colours are also all stunning so I will definitely be picking up a few more shades of this.     

L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick (266 Rose Saphir)
This lipstick is perfect for day time as it gives a very subtle bit of colour to the lips but is also quite shimmery as well; It's a very easy colour to wear.

Maybeline Vivid Matte liquid (05 Nude Flush)
I always tend to lean towards matte liquid lipsticks as I find matte colours are easier to wear than glossy ones so this has always been an essential in my makeup bag for daytime and nights out.  The lipstick is lightweight and silky when applied and lasts for hours.

No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick (Soft Cherry)
I very recently wrote a 'My Current Favourite Lipstick' post on this lipstick (which you can read here).  As the name of the lipstick says, it's very moisturising and doesn't dry the lips out at all even after wearing it all day and it's such a gorgeous lipstick for summer.

Mac Matte Lipstick (Velvet Teddy)
This has been another one of my go-to's for ages and I'm already on my second tube.  It lasts all day and stays true to it's matte formula.  It also feels very creamy on the lips when applied.


What are your travel makeup bag essentials?



     


  


Comments